Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Johansson or Adams in Uncharted?

The Uncharted movie could see either Scarlett Johansson or Amy Adams cast as TV journalist Elena Fisher if director David O. Russell has his way.

Empire mentioned to the Oscar-nominated filmmaker that they'd like to see Adams, his leading lady from The Fighter, play the female lead in the game-to-film, to which Russell replied, "I love Amy. I also love Scarlett Johansson; there's a lot of great actors I think might suit. Hopefully, we'll see how it works out with everybody who are being scoped to do that role."

Russell said he's "cultivated (Elena) quite a bit and I think I've added a lot of dimension to her so that's all I'm going to say. I love the woman characters and the more robust they are, the more robust the movie."

The director, who is also scripting Uncharted, said he's excited to be on the project and is working hard to maintain the cinematic qualities inherent in the game. He added, "I'd love Mark [Wahlberg] to be in it, I'd love Bob De Niro to be in it; I love the idea of growing them into a cinematic family; I think that's a really cool idea, but… I guess you'll have to wait until you see the script."

No comments: